From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of MICHAEL HABIB
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 8:53 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] roadkill

My daughter had her car totaled, colliding with a deer on the George
Washington Parkway. She had someone stop to be a witness and as they were
talking, someone in a pickup stopped and asked if he could have the deer.
Kirsten said, help yourself, which was really the best solution. Someone had
food for quite a while and it saved her having to contact the Park Service.
I have no idea if that was legal.
I DO know that it is illegal in Virginia to remove an animal from your
property and bring it elsewhere.(Squirrels come to mind.) I also know that
plenty of people do it anyway.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA