Re: Salvia divinorum

If our legislators only knew of all the psychoactive and downright poisonous plants there are in flower gardens, they'd probably be worse than the plant police. Can you imagine?
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Salvia divinorum

That reminds me of the best medicine I ever had - horrible stuff but worked like a charm on bronchitis. It was Turpine Hydrate with codeine. The little bit of codeine let you get some sleep while the TP did it's thing. Then the druggies found it and you had to sign for it at the pharmacy. Eventually they dropped it in favor of the even nastier tasting - and worthless - grape, cherry, etc cough syrups.

BTW, I was doing a cultivation sheet on Herb of the Year, Scented Geraniums, and read that some of them are used to make a turpine hydrate. Wonder if it's connected somehow.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5