From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Bonnie Holmes
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 10:36 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] today

The tilled beds expose seeds to the light which makes them germinate.
That's why many gardeners/farmers are going to no-till...plus the fact that
tilling disrupts the soil ecology. Also, why many people advise that you
just cut stalks instead of pulling them out.   However, where you have
soils like clay, you have to mix in mulch to make them work.

Ah, wood floors...that is one of my next major desires.

We've
> got most of the prep work done, but there weren't enough hours for us
get
> the flooring down.  Plan B is to do that next weekend, hopefully.
(Grandboy
> Brenden will be taking his First Communion, so we'll have to see
> whether
we
> need to postpone the flooring again.)
>
> Blessings,
> Bonnie

Behalf
> Of Theresa
> Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 11:44 PM
> To: gardenchat@hort.net
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] today
>
> Today is was just great here!  High 70's nice breeze.  This weekend I
> did manage to get the arbor powerwashed.  Also replaced the screen
> door on the front door, bought lattice to replace the fence boards on
> the side gates
and
> the fake fence surrounding the AC unit. (didn't actually get around to
> replacing those, but maybe another weekend).  Also got the side patio
> area measured, so tomorrow PM I can finally go order the paver
> stones!!  I hope they can deliver this Friday, as I plan to take a
> 4-day weekend to get
them
> all laid.  LONG overdue (like since last summer).  I'm so sick of
> seeing
the