From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of sundrops@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:32 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten ...NOW Daryl's Dad

Daryl, thanks for the positive progress reports on everyone!
    Re the kitten, by all means go ahead and trap it now.  It will
definitely be harder to truly tame the longer you wait.  I have trapped
several feral cats myself and also wince a little internally -- not wanting
to be trapped myself!  But it is best for them.  I caught 3 of 4 kittens
from a feral litter under my house, by hand, at about 8 weeks and they are
all now fine pets.  The 4th one I could not catch until 12 weeks, and while
I kept her inside with the others for a month, and she did tolerate me, she
was never friendly or cuddly.  I took her to be spayed at 4 months and
released her back outside with her mother, aunt, and grandma.  If she had
been the only kitten and I could have spent more time with her, she probably
would eventually have come around.  Good luck.
--Barb Tandy, Grass Valley CA