From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Lynda Young
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:04 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Heronswood

Well, I am just sickened.  Heronswood is - was - a magical place.  It was
the highlight of our trip to the Northwest several years ago and I can't
imagine it's demise.  I hope the county or some private interests buy the
property and maintain it as a botanical garden.  What Hinckley created
should not be lost.  What a tragedy.  But then, when the sale to Burpee was
announced I'm sure a lot of people, as I did, thought ultimately no good
could come of the change.

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN