RE: does one pinch tomatoes?

Here's a paragraph I've found several places online:
"Temperature and Humidity. Daytime temperatures above 900F and night
temperatures above 700F result in reduced flowering and fruit set. There
is considerable evidence that night temperature is the critical factor
in setting tomato fruit, the optimal range being 590 to 680F. With night
temperatures much below or above this critical range, fruiting is
reduced or absent. Low temperatures reduce the production and viability
of pollen. High temperature, especially if accompanied by low humidity
and moisture, hinders fruit set through failure in pollination and/or
fertilization."

It cools off here considerably at night but I don't think it gets below
70F at night in the summer; maybe 75? I know it's above 90 almost every
day from July through Labor Day. In August it's often above 100.
Certainly we have low humidity. My experience is that my plants stop
setting fruit in mid-July and don't start again until late August or
even mid-September (although the cherry tomatoes do manage to put out a
few). I think I've grown every variety described in the catalogs as
setting fruit in high temperatures, but it doesn't help much.

Yeah, I gripe about all the work involved, it is a lot harder in this
climate. But oh well, you work with what you have. I'm growing more
peppers these last few years, they don't care about the heat, and I'm
going to see what I can do with eggplant and okra. Neither one of which
my husband will eat voluntarily, but maybe I can disguise them.

Cyndi