Re: OT Appliances GRRR!

I'd be steamed, too, not only about the appliances, but also about a son who thought my house was too shabby for his wife. My daughter doesn't like to come here because she says my house smells like cats -- well, duh, what does she expect. There are 12 of them inside. My son always has the excuse that gas is too expensive. My refrigerator will give up before the stove does, I hope. However, I don't look forward to replacing either of them.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 11:51 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OT Appliances GRRR!

Installed a new refrigerator and oven yesterday.  Both needed
replacing and since the sons might be bringing families this
summer to celebrate a collective family birthday, and since
youngest son avoids bringing his wife here because he is
embarassed by our old shabby unfashionable house, we
thought we had better start fixing things up a bit.  Well, the
oven was one of a pair of 30-inch under-the-counter convection
Jenn Airs, about fifteen years old.  They assured us that Jenn
Air still made a 30-inch convection oven.  Yes, but when it
came it is totally different in appearance, and of couse didn't
quite fit.  That was remedied because we still had pieces of
the cabinet material and it could be fitted in, but I really
don't like the looks of the new one.  It has a complicated
black touch-screen control panel across the top, and has
a curved front instead of a flat one.  But I could live with that.

The refrigerator spaces are all wrong - no space between
shelves tall enough for a Samuel Adams bottle. I rarely
drink beer, but do like to have a cold one in the refrigerator
for someone who does.  I have rearranged shelves and stuff
until I think I can cope with that, but now, after a day and a half
the icemaker has produced only 11 ice cubes.  And the weather
is turning warm.  We called the place that sold it to us, and they
say we will have to have GE service or lose the warranty - they
would try to get a GE repairman there sometime next week.  Is
that a cop-out or not! And they are supposed to be GE agents.
Forgive me for bending your ear, but I'm steamed.