Re: OT Appliances GRRR!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: OT Appliances GRRR!
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 13:21:21 -0500

I admire your grit lady.  I really do.  My parents and I have learned to
peacefully co-exist and that's as it should be.   They're good people but we
don't agree on certain fundamental issues.  C'est la vie.  The line ends w/
Tom & I so in forty years or so, this will all be irrelevant anyway.  LOL

> Pam, I usually couldn't care less what other people think of me
> or my style of anything.  And I am very careful to stay out of
> my sons' marital relationships.  I suffered many years of heartaches
> because of my MIL's outspoken disapproval of me.  I have polite
> but not intimate relationships with all my sons' wives, but this
> son is the youngest and the only one that tries to keep up with
> the old folks.  I just don't want to cause him embarassment.
> Beleive me, I am a total maverick in most matters. I tried to
> bring up my sons to be independent thinkers, even if they
> didn't think my way.  The other two have each developed in
> unconventional ways, but are quite happy with their life choices.
> This son is financially the most successful - makes an obscene
> amount of money in the oil industry - but hates what he does.  He
> gives us lectures weekly about the evils of his industry.  Oh well.
> My grandmother used to say"The Bible says to 'Bring up a Child
> in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart
> from it' - but it didn't say what he might do in between."
> Auralie
> In a message dated 05/05/2007 9:43:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:
> Auralie - I can't understand your son's attitude.  I get that same bidness
> from my parents but guess what, my house may be a little old and run down
> but so am I!  Ha ha.  It's snug and comfortable and it's bloody well paid
> for.  Anyone who doesn't like it, pfffft on them.  I'll bet your place is
> charming, regardless of what your offspring think!
> http://www.aol.com.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A