Re: Ruskin Tomato Festival

In a message dated 5/6/07 12:55:03 PM, islandjim1@verizon.net writes:

> mother set up a kind of soup kitchen for the hundreds of hobos

Jim, I remember my mother would lock the doors & she, my siblings and I   hid
behind the bed when hobos came around. We lived in town and the farm was at
the edge of town.   My dad left very early to milk cows and then on to field
work and milking again at evening.   Many times it would be dark before he came
home.   We had no car but he had a pickup that was supplied by the farm
owners.   Our family of 6 traveled in that pickup.
     Ceres