From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:25 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More weather, and other stuff

Guess I need to make and keep a bug census. Honeybees are irrelevant to
mangos, avocados, black sapotes, and annonas [sugar apples and
atemoyas]. Major pollinators for these are wasps--small ones, maybe more
than one kind--bumblebees, and flies.  I think ants may be involved in
some plants; papaya comes to mind. Of course honeybees are pollinators
of citrus; I don't know what other insects [if any] are involved, but we
seem to have had a normal year for setting here.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10