peony volunteers Gene

Oh my, I am giddy with the thought. I so hope I am right. But how to proceed? I saw this short row of leaves growing in a shaded path in the back of my garden. They just didn't look like a weed, but what were they? Hmmm....looked again today...faintly familiar, but nothing near it had the same leaves. As it turns out these seedlings are in the path in front of where I HAD my Paeonia obovata. But I moved it to more sun last year and it's doing much better. The leaves look and feel very much like it. Oh, I so hope that's it. But what to do? dig and pot? transplant? They can't stay in the path, bunched together. would I kill them if I moved them?

Both Tree peonies opened completely a few days ago with the heat and will pass on fast. Paeonia japonica is just finishing blooming and the P. obovata I moved has produced buds. Unfortunately my P. Molly the Witch never came up, but these seedling obovatas will make up for that. On the sunny herbaceous hybrid front, the P Coral & Gold and P Taki No Yosooi have fat, ant-covered buds that will open soon.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5