Re: moving Actaea

Thanks Gene. It's only moving a few feet over. I'll dig a good sized root ball and scoot it over to the new hole.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 6:08 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] moving Actaea

I donot think you will have a problem moving the actaea. By now it should have a really good root system established, so a good sized root ball would be in order. Transplant to the new home right after digging and water in well. Should do just fine.
       Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: [CHAT] moving Actaea

Well, I did it again. I planted two very nice plants too close together and one has to be moved. Actaea (syn Cimicifuga) Hillside Black Beauty is getting crowded out by the earlier season developing Paeonia japonica. Is this a bad time to move the Acataea? Does it resent transplanting? I've had it about 4 years and would hate to lose it. Any suggestions?