To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Farmer's Market dilemma

I think you need to evaluate just how much is bought there. Spend some
time there this summer- ie, going early to see how many plants are there
at the opening, and comparing similar plants to yours (forget the herb
and annual booths) and return late in the day to see how many they are
carting home. Might give you some insight into how sales go there after
a few weeks.. And I rather doubt folks are willing to pay 'nursery'
prices at a farmers market... they are kinda like a flea market-
everyone there is going for a deal.

Around here - I see the same three people selling the same plants - of
course, I am there and gone, no idea if they are hauling them back and
forth or how well they sell. I actually go due to a baker that has
wonderful breads and pick one up weekly.....or there abouts...

If you have to be inspected by the city, it definately isn't worth
it.... you are going to find yourself with fines, permits needed, and
who knows what else....

 Donna