Re: Today in the garden

Why on earth would your neighbors complain about compost?

I use mushroom compost when I can get it on sale. It's supposed to be pretty alkaline, and sometimes high in salts. Neither are a problem in our (previously) rainy climate and low pH soils.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today in the garden

Sounds like you did accomplish something tho! Seems the older I get, the
longer it takes to do 'stuff'. I am wondering if it is due to moving
slower or taking more time thinking about design or doing more pre work
before actually planting something.

In my continuing saga of neighbors - I had to reduce the pile of my
compost to keep the complaints down- ok read get rid of it! So now I am
hurting for compost alternatives. I thought they sold something bagged,
but when I looked for it, only found cow manure and mushroom compost.
Thoughts on either of these bagged items or alternate items I buy/could
use?