Re: roses/Back home

Your vacation sounds great! I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm especially happy you spend time with David. I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses his posts.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] roses/Back home

I love Alchemist which I grew along a fence when I lived in Maryland,
but it would be hardy for you. Unfortunately, it blooms only once,
but have you considered planting a clematis with it that would
scramble among the branches and bloom after the rose?

Had a wonderful time in California, and an added bonus was visiting
with Dave Franzman and seeing his greenhouses full of hibiscus. He
sends his greetings to the list. Of course I had to buy - one lovely
yellow, pink, and maroon flowered that I took to my brother in law
and his wife in Berkeley, and one "The Path" (the hibiscus on his
logo) that will be shipped this week to me. Dave sent me back to my
condo with six hibiscus flowers so DH could see what he missed and I
was pleased that the one he liked the most was "The Path". Now I will
have to keep it alive! We did Sonoma County wineries and came home
with a case of wine (easier to ship on a plane than plants). My
birthday dinner was at John Ash and Company, a restaurant less than 5
minutes from our condo in Windsor. Beautiful and pricey, but I'm
worth it!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b