Re: weeds

I have a few walkways/areas that are pea gravel.  I can guarantee you every seed that falls within miles (LOL) starts there!

I seriously considered starting plants in gravel pots instead of soil pots.... anyone ever try it?

----- Original Message ----
From: Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:05:43 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weeds

Auralie, I garden like you do, and I can identify with your feelings about
the Dames Rocket (Hesperis).  I don't think any were in the beds this year.
I also have a "problem" with larkspur.  It's blooming all over my front
yard!  I have just mowed around the clumps, which look really great, IMHO.
zone 7
West TN