What's up for your weekend?

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: What's up for your weekend?
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:58:34 -0700

What's everyone's plans for gardening this weekend? It should be sunny
and warm here, hopefully not too windy. The winds were ferocious
yesterday - gusts up to 50mph - but it seems to have calmed down this
morning.
I hope to be able to ride this weekend so my gardening time won't be
lengthy. But I am going to try and get the peppers in the ground.
Hopefully I have enough row cover to protect both the beds, if not I'll
leave the chile peppers in the greenhouse till next week. I have to take
the cover off the peas and figure out some sort of rabbit defense. We
have the hot wire but plugging it in requires unplugging the lights for
the hay shed, so I'm going to ask husband to see if he can't come up
with something.
On husband's list will also be repairing the back lawn - there's a lot
of damage from the dogs digging after gophers. And I used to have the
corners planted with various perennials, but they never got watered very
well, so that's a mess.
After the peppers I am going to tackle weeds in the front garden. Gawd
what a job that's going to be, but if you never start you never finish.
Although in weeding it seems that you never finish no matter what, so
maybe I need a different motivating mantra.

Cyndi