Re: Amazing what 2 weekends in the garden makes!

Oh my! That goes to show you what I know about modern Iowa. I remember it as being small towns, even in the "city".

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Amazing what 2 weekends in the garden makes!

Yes, my hours are 8-5 but...with three kids and a grandbaby to get up
and going, lunches packed, and out the door on time to get to work by 8
a.m.: it's a dead run in the a.m. to get it all done and stay on
schedule. Our University's parking system really stinks...we have
outlying lots that most employees (i.e. everone but the MD's and high
level administrators) are required to park in and the closer the lot is
to the hospital to the more expensive it becomes to park there. So even
though with my seniority I qualify for a very close parking spot, I am
quite sure it is not worth $900 a year. And by the time I drop the baby
off at daycare and get to the outlying lot to catch a bus, it's usually
7:30, takes 15 minutes to get here on the bus and another 10 to walk to
the other end of the hospital where I work...it's a huge research and
teaching hospital...the largest university owned hospital in the world.
I'm usually just on time.