To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] pine trees/bamboo

Seems to me that I remember reading in a book about Ishi that he did lots of demonstrations using pieces of glass--broken beer bottles and the like.

On May 4, 2008, at 6:10 PM, Judy Browning wrote:

Clumper. It's biggest challege here will be full sun after about 10 am. I may need to throw a piece of shade cloth over this first couple of years til it's settled in. By then I hope the yews will be tall enough to provide a little shade. I'd rather have F. robusta, but they only had it in 5 gal. (expensive) pots. ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net