Re: back to gardening....

Cathy - I will check w/ mother.  She got a cutting of a gardenia in Richmond
(about the time I was born) and grew it in a pot (in VA & NE PA).  By the
time I went away to college, this thing was ENORMOUS.  It was in a big pot
on the credenza and took up a huge double window in the front of the house.
We once counted over 60 blooms at one time on that thing.  The whole house
smelled like Heaven for weeks.  I will ask her what she did, or didn't do.
I never once saw a bug or a yellow leaf on that thing.  No foolin'.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX