Re: Spicebush

I like that one. Will have to save the link.

On May 11, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

This is the same one that I have that is now blooming- or at least a close relative- mine is calycanthus occidentalis.
http://www.laspilitas.com/plants/127.htm

Theresa

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
Which "spice bush" are you talking about? I have Calycanthus floridus, and babies just come up all around it. I had no idea it had gender.
zem
zone 7
west TN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheri Ann Richerson" <SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com >
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:09 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Spicebush

Does anyone have any tips for germinating spicebush seeds? I really, really want this plant - both a male and a female but have been unsuccessful
getting the seeds to germinate or finding a source for sexed plants?

Thanks,
Sheri

Sheri Ann Richerson - Author of Magical Gardens and Perspective Visions:
Enigmatic Masterpieces!

Don't miss the ultimate website for the truly obsessed plant-a- holic!

Make a difference! Plant-A-Row For The Hungry Ask me how!

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'