Re: everybody outside or something??

It was labeled Herbarium of Hell's Canyon. I'm hoping someone photocopied & published it before it faded too much. The tour company sells 2 for 1 coupons each fall. We hoped to do this as an activity for our Hudson car club this spring, but got shot down. We couldn't charter an exclusive tour at that rate & "some" didn't want to mingle with others. So it was just us & another couple. So much fun.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] everybody outside or something??

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful trip Judy. Was the book on wildflowers
of the area? Definately had to have been composed by a gardener.

Still cool here. Today predicted weather is 58/39. Yesterday it was in
the 70's.... oh well...soon enough I will be complaining about it being
too hot.

 Donna

Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:
Isn't it amazing how much difference the humidity makes? We have been 90s -
100 or so here tthe past few days.
I worked yesterday for a few hours. DH weeded half the garden before it got
too hot yesterday. Today we got up early & took a jet boat tour up Hell's
Canyon on the Snake River. Hot hot hot & fun fun fun. I got tired of
sitting, but otherwise enjoyed it a lot. In 1975 we hiked part of the canyon
from Sheep Creek to Pittsburgh Landing. A lot of changes in the amenities
since then, but the canyon is just stunning. Deeper at one point than the
Grand Canyon. Saw some bighorn sheep, mule deer, great blue herons, osprey,
hummingbirds, a 400 lb black bear and more Cadis flies than I ever want to
see again. They were only a problem when we were stopped so people could get
out and walk a bit at some scenic points.
Church tomorrow & Monday I'll have some garden time.
Stay cool.

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer"
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:49 AM

We've been hot for about a week, Bonnie. Temps in the 90s. But for all of
Oregon's famous rain, it's not very humid. My Florida thermostat thought
94 yesterday was about 80 when I went for a little stroll down by the
lake.