Wind, again

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Wind, again
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:10:46 -0700

They had a weather alert yesterday and today about wind and they weren't
kidding. It was plenty breezy at my house this morning but it really
must have howled through here at work last night. A big street sign was
down as we drove in, both its supports snapped off halfway. A good-sized
tree was blown down at the building just up the street from here.
It has let up just a bit but there are still 30 - 40mph winds. There's
so much dirt in the air it's a wonder anything's left on the ground. I'm
not going to leave this building until it's time to run for the