To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] sun or shade?

Lavender helps?  Tell more.  I have one birdbath in sun and one it
shade- they both get gunky at about the same rate here.
I clean mine pretty regularly with a toilet brush (one bought just for
cleaning the bird bath). I only use water or maybe a little Simple Green
to clean mine.
Theresa

Kitty wrote:
Does a birdbath develop gunk faster in sun or shade?

I know lavender helps forstall it but I don't have any.  I'm cleaning
the bowl with chlorine now and would like to keep it clean as long as
possible. I can put it in sun or shade, doesn't matter.

Any suggestions?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5