To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] round-up pro

So you need to make sure you have organic manure even! Good grief. I never would have thought of that.
Theresa

DP wrote:
Betsy,

The Glyphosate warning for tomatoes was out at least 9 years ago, maybe
longer (I'm figuring out how long it's been since I worked for the local
Extension Service before I went to work at the state level.)

The Seattle compost problem was because of an herbicide used on lawns and
fields -  Clopyralid. It can persist for years.
http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/Clopyralid-Composting-Dow.htm
http://cahenews.wsu.edu/clopyralid.htm

Picloram is a problem in manure from cattle or horses that have eaten feed from pastures or fields treated with Picloram, too. We first found out about that doozy in the mid-90's.