From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent:
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:48:46 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gardening boom

Oh man,
that is discouraging.  I love fresh eggs.  Fortunately our feed
store carries
them because there's a man who buys his feed there who has a
bunch of good
layers and we can get nice big fresh eggs for 2.00 a dozen.
All you have to do
is save your cartons and bring them back.  No problem.
That keeps more
styrofoam out of the landfills and I am all for that.  I
read a blurb in one
of my magazines that said 25% or more commercially
produced eggs test positive
for salmonella and less than 5% of organically
produced eggs do.  You might
want to mention that as a selling point??

On 5/27/08, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ
USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT <
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:

> Hah! Well
undoubtedly the crude costs more but we just had to set up
> tiered water
rates for the neighborhood this year. Use over a certain
> amount and your
rates go up accordingly. I didn't know when I planned
> the veggie garden we'd
be paying over $4 a gallon for gas so maybe it's
> just as well we're trying
to save on water too, we'll need the money.
> I gotta figure out how to sell
some eggs too, our chickens are producing
> 18 a day. All my customers retired
and I haven't managed to convince
> anyone else they need farm-fresh eggs.
Aside from the new gardeners
> asking for advice, people seem to think food
that doesn't come from a
> store is teeming with flesh-eating bacteria or
something. It's