Re: Out & About...

That's exactly how they market S.n. Black Lace, "...reminiscent of a Japanese Maple with its lacy purple-black foliage." - This from the wholesaler's catalog when they debuted S.n.'Eva' a couple of years ago. It's on the cover of their catalog.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Out & About...

I have this plant, Sambucus nigra "Eva" It is so beautiful. It has started to come up all around it .. little babies but I don't mind, I would love to try moving some to other places in the yard. I did try root pruning it this
year to see if I can move some successfully.
In western Oklahoma I think of it as my Japanese Maple that I can't grow. I have mine in a lot of shade and maybe it would flower better if it had more
sun... but it would need more water then.
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>