Re: weather

We had very rough weather last night. A lot of rain and 3 tornadoes in the area. I got home a bit past midnight and all 3 streets that access my house were flooded with standing water. The winds ripped all the petals off my poppies and most of the florets from my Meyer Lilac - looked like a mini snow storm had hit below it - a fragrant snowstorm though. And of course the darn gutters were clogged with the stupid Maple seeds - bumper crop this year - so the water just tumbled over the gutters. I'll have to go up there and clean them out again tomorrow.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message>> Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:30 AM
Subject: [CHAT] weather/holiday

seems ma nature has been at it again for the last few days. I hope
all
are safe and only had minor damage. My heart goes out to those who
lost
everything in the tornado's.

Please remember all those who risked/gave their lives to protect us
this
weekend. Spend time with family and friends and don't eat too much
bbq.

Donna

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b