Salad Time

  • Subject: Salad Time
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:14:21 -0700

The lettuce and spinach are finally big enough to start harvesting for
real. I'll have a glut of greens for a week but if we don't get a break
in the temperature I bet the stuff will start going to seed - we're back
into the 90s.  Hopefully it will not last long, this is way too early to
have sustained hot weather, but you never know.  Some of the cilantro is
sending up flower stalks already though so I picked a big bunch of that
last night. I'll make cilantro-pesto salmon tonight, plus chop up as
much as I can for the freezer.
There are peas to pick as well. I am not that happy with this variety of
snow pea. I had to buy it from the home center and they are not very big
pods although they do seem to be flowering profusely, so maybe it will
work out.  But next year I'll make sure I order my favorite Oregon
Giant.
Finally got both lawns mowed over the weekend and husband started going
after gophers again. There is one (or six!) in the front that has built
an entire city down there, from the looks of all the holes.

Cyndi