From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] suicidal slugs
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009, 8:01 PM

That's what you need, garter snakes. Starlings, the dirty birds, do a pretty
good job too.

On May 8, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

> where are the toads, or snakes or something!!  The plants are in the
ground.
> T.
>
> andreah wrote:
>> Wow, that's a little disturbing. Are your plants in the ground or
in pots? I
>> only had one container of tomato seedlings they attacked and I moved
it away
>> from that area (first checking to make sure none were hiding under the
rim
>> of the pot) and they've been fine since then. I don't know
what else to tell
>> you. Where are the toads when you need them?

Behalf
>> Of Theresa G.
>> Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 1:28 AM
>> To: gardenchat@hort.net
>> Subject: [CHAT] suicidal slugs
>>
>> Ok- the snails and slugs this year are like no other.  I have used
everything and still I'm loosing small plants- even tomato plants this year.
 I have rings of copper mesh, sluggo, deadline and even tried the trays of
beer.
 This is insane.  The slugs are crawling over the dead bodies of other slugs
get to the plants.  What to do???

>> Theresa

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley