Re: Possum

I'm a member on the Coop too Daryl.  I guess I just secure my chickens
really well.  I have never had a problem with them, but I close them up
every night and have a very sturdy fence around them when they are put up.
Our feed is stored in barrels with lids.  NOW - we have had OWLS take some
of our guineas..and I know it was an owl by the way it was killed
(decapitated). And coyotes sometimes sneek in and take something (like our
turkey).  But our guineas free range and run amok on our farm.  Half the
time they go over to the neighbors farm and stay for weeks on end, then my
neighbors guineas come over here with ours.  Guess we have "communal birds".
Of course, having five dogs that patrol our farm, helps discourage the
predators.

--
Jesse R. Bell