RE: the economy
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: the economy
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 07:34:03 -0700

Wow Kitty good for you!

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 5:38 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] the economy

....has rebounded.  At least here it seems to have.

All year I was unable to take my vacation time, office was too hectic.
ended up taking almost every afternoon off in March to get it in before
my
anniversary date.  March was so deliciously superb that I got a ton of
stuff
potted - and more in April - together with what I'd potted last fall and

some items I'd ordered.  I ended up with well over 800 pots for my
spring
plant sale.  I had to take 2 days off just to set it up.  It's a 2 day
association garage sale and rain was looming but it looked like Friday
would
be safe.  Still, I thought I'd end up stuck with half my stock and have
lug it back into the backyard.

Word got out and the eager buyers swooped in at 6:45am Friday.  They
picked
me clean - even the seedlings and cuttings still in the backyard that I
was
holding over for use in my August sale.  Everything gone. Fast, very
fast.
People were grabbing things I hadn't even tagged yet because I thought
I'd
get to them for Saturday.  People that showed up after work  wondered
where
the sale was. I had to apologize profusely; this has never happened
before.
And then there's tomorrow.  Geez, I hope it rains so I don't have to
face
them.

I think people are ready to shop.  At least for plants they are.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5