From: "Zemuly Sanders" <zemuly@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:26:03 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [CHAT] the economy

The worst thing about the big box stores is the lack of education where the
clerks are concerned -- and the lack of caring by many of the employees. It
makes me realize I'm good at what I do. I keep a notebook on me at all
times to note requests from customers. I check that book every time we get
a plant delivery and immediately call everybody when their requests arrive.
I've even been know to set aside choice plants for good customers when they
can't get to the store immediately. I also don't have any qualms about
letting people know where they can get things we don't carry. I know a lot
of people through garden groups I belong to so I want to at least give the
appearance that we are a cut above the rest. My manager is very pleased
with what I've accomplished. I don't have anywhere near the discipline to
do what you do.
zem
zone 7
West TN