Fw: National Wildlife Federation: Oil Spill
  • Subject: Fw: National Wildlife Federation: Oil Spill
  • From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:00:56 -0700 (PDT)

Since we are all caring folks on this list, I thought I would forward the
message I received today from the National Wildlife Federation.B  Yes, I am
involved in this group, not as much as I would like to be, but time just isn't
there for me anymore.
Please don't feel you have to donate, I am only posting this in case someone
would like to.B  There are so many things happening in this world lately, it
is getting hard to decide who to give too with our limited funds.

--- On Wed, 5/5/10,

We are working fast and furious on a series of responses, action and needs
related to the Oil Spill.B  I will be sending you updates as things are moving
quickly for what NWF working with partners is planning on doing.B

Here is the first action - please share this with others.

Text2Give Campaign: Help Save Wildlife Affected by BP Oil SpillNational
Wildlife Federation and Partners Launch Second-Fastest Mobile Text2Give
Campaign in HistoryB Washington, DC (May 5, 2010) b With 200,000 gallons of
oil gushing every day into an already fragile and vulnerable ecosystem, the BP
oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is shaping up to be one of the worst
environmental disasters in our nationbs history. It is a direct threat to
more than 400 species of wildlife b many still in recovery from Hurricane
Katrina. National Wildlife Federation (NWF) is on the frontlines: President
and CEO Larry Schweiger has been working with local and regional partners,
surveying the impacts, keeping the story as headline news, and consulting with
officials on the ground.NWF is calling on the public to help save wildlife
during this unprecedented environmental crisis. With the help of their
partners at Merkle, Inc. and Mobile Giving Foundation, NWF launched
 the second-fastest mobile giving campaign in history. NWF is especially
grateful to all of its wireless carriers who moved so quickly to address the
urgent need.The Text2Give campaign allows the public to simply text the word
WILDLIFE to 20222 on any mobile device through any carrier to donate $10 to
NWF. Every dollar will go directly to help save wildlife affected by the oil
spill and to conserve and restore these vital wetlands.The speed and
efficiency of the NWF Text2Give campaign only underscores the severity of the
situation.bOur treasured wildlife are innocent victims in this terrible
crisis,b said Schweiger. bThey cannot save themselves b itbs up to us
to save them. Thatbs why Ibm asking everyone to give what they can
today.b NWF is also asking that people with social networking sites like
Facebook and Twitter to post a message asking friends and family to help out,
too.bThe more people we can get to spread our message, the more
 impact we can have for wildlife affected by this senseless tragedy,b said
Jaime Matyas, executive vice president & chief operating officer of National
Wildlife Federation.B bSo please tweet, post a Facebook link, send out
e-mails and text messages. Get the word out however you can and ask everyone
to text WILDLIFE to 20222 right now! We need immediate support.bFor more
information about the spill, wildlife impacts, and how to get engaged
(including coordinated volunteer efforts), please visit:
www.nwf.org/oilspill.Immediate Release: May 5, 2010
Contact: Aileo Weinmann, 202-797-6801, weinmanna@nwf.org

National Wildlife Federationbs mission is to inspire Americans to protect
wildlife for our childrenbs future. NWF partnered with Merkle to architect
the mobile giving program and interactive strategy. B The Mobile Giving
Foundation, also a key partner, is responsible for deploying the mobile giving
NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's

Eliza Russell, Director of Education Programs
Phone: 703-438-6439B  |B  Fax: 703-438-6468B  |B  Cell: 571-226-0152 |B
National Wildlife Federation
11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190-5362