Re: more (same old) weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: more (same old) weather
  • From: BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 19:08:55 +0000 (UTC)

So, have you tested your theory? :)

Bonnie
ETN Zone 7

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <inlandjim1@q.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:41:07 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [CHAT] more (same old) weather

I exaggerated, as usual. We'll have a few spikes of 100 or so degrees,
but the heat won't stay. The humidity is too low to hold it and the
more or less constant marine onshore wind doesn't allow anything to
stay warm for very long. The Japanese current is a doppelganger of the
gulf stream. I've often thought that if one plotted the hourly temps
on the hottest day here, it would look more like an outline of the
Transamerica Pyramid than a bell curve, and nothing at all like the
flattened semicircle of the subtropics.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley