Re: Happy b-day Cathy C.
  • Subject: Re: Happy b-day Cathy C.
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 17:42:43 -0500

Thanks for remembering! Hot and humid here. Spent the morning (after church) working with other master gardeners planting beds at our AMTRAK station. Hope the plants survive, as the city workers shovel salt laced snow into the beds every winter. We removed as much of the contaminated soil as we could, but the city replaced the soil with something they defined as "top soil", but looks to me like something they took from one of their construction sites! We have chosen salt tolerant annuals, but who knows? Worked a little in the yard this afternoon, but the heat got pretty bad. DH is taking me out to dinner!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b