To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:57 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Radiation

Radiation sometimes has strange side effects. Four down and 29 more to
go (see pictures). Also, lymphedema therapist designed a Ford device so
I wouldn't have to pay for a $300 Lexus glove version. It is working!!!
My hand is getting under control. I probably will have to wear it and
the sleeve for months but the swelling is controlled. Yes!!!

With it getting hot, I wish I had my artist in residence back to paint
my head again. Most of my head coverings are just too hot. I bought a
cute tomato red cap yesterday at the Race that is light and should work.

This weekend, starting Friday, Blount County had a Race for the Cure
event that I took part in. All survivors, from a couple of days to
years, were recognized, received a survivor's t-shirt and a medal. Our
community is so supportive. Person with me is a friend from my book club
who had breast cancer surgery about the same time as I did. Fortunately
for her, there was no spread to the lymph nodes involved so she had no
chemo but is taking radiation. You might not be able to see them but the
head gear had small lights.

Cancer joke

On board a flight to London, the pilot announced, "That thump you heard
was our last engine conking out. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but
we are going to crash into the ocean."

In the stunned silence that followed, an angry voice spoke out. "Dammit!
That stupid doctor of mine! He said I was going to die of cancer."

Love, B
ETN Zone 7

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Cancer .jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Cancer .jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P1010434.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P1010437.JPG]