Perspectives
gardenchat@hort.net

It's all in how you look at things.  I was standing in front of the house
with my daughter-in-law, gazing smugly at the front bed which was
looking beautifully lush, just the way I like it.  There was a total mass
of foliage without a bare patch of ground showing from the border of
Liriope, masses of two kinds of Epimedium, two kinds of Pulmonaria,
a couple of dwarf Hostas and one large one, numerous ferns including
a large mass of the Japanese painted one and a large mass of a
magenta-flowered geranium whose name I forget. This all grows up to
and around a small-flowered pink Spirea (Anthony Waterer). As I say,
I was feeling happily smug.
This daughter-in-law is a licensed engineer, and I know has recently
employed a landscaper for her Colorado garden.  After a few moments
she said "Boy, you sure need some help getting this organzied!"
It's all in how you look at things.
Auralie