Re: Rose question
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Rose question
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 18:44:38 -0400

It's probably just sunburn. If the canes were not also sunburned, it will probably produce new leaves and drop the old - but that's a lesson learned - always give plants a chance to acclimate. I've made the same mistake.

But when I moved the pot out
into the sun last week, the leaves - all but a few on the bottom of the
plant - turned completely white.  I've never seen anything quite like
it.  They aren't brown like dead leaves - just white except for a thin
green line at the edge and down the center of the leaf. What is going
to happen to the plant?  I am assuming that the whiteness is caused
by sunburn, but don't think Noxema would help.  The leaves have
not dropped off.  Will the plant put out more growth?  This is just one
more strange thing in this strangest of seasons.
Auralie