Re: Turn off the wind!
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Turn off the wind!
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:06:30 -0500

I can identify with wind issues (probably why I cannot grow Eastern Hemlock successfully). But we are dealing with RAIN. I may never get my beans (green and soy) planted... the soil is just too wet. The weeds are going crazy, and I am having trouble keeping up. Saw deer track in my perennial bed today and definite evidence of their removal of the tops of Lilium michiganensis (sigh). Where are the mountain lion and wolves when you really need them?
Cathy, west central IL, z5b