Re: Exceptional Weather Comes to an End

Gene, similar weather up north. 60s and 70s. Low last night 58. As you
said, this will change mid-week, but not so bad really - highs in the
50s, lows 30s. Nice weather to work in. I cut my peonies down over the
weekend too. But there's still a lot that it is too soon to do, like
insulating pots for overwintering. Some hosta leaves pull away easily,
others not. I don't like cutting them as they are too soft and the
shears just get sort of stuck. So I just wait til they're ready to give
way of their own volition.

The colors are gorgeous. The hosta are all golden. My burning bush
doesn't actually burn - it's more of a salmon-pink. The Orangeola
Japanese Maple is the deepest possible dark red. Though some toadlilies
are done, others are blooming profusely. I only raked a small tarp load
of leaves. The rest are still up their waiting. I want to move my Henry
Lilies but they're still somewhat green. Hopefully in the next couple of
weeks. The Galtonia need to come out too, but from all I've read, I
think it would be safer to dig them in spring, but it'll be more
difficult to know their precise locations. does anyone else have any
experience with Galtonia?

It's Monday and back to work.

Kitty