From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: [CHAT] Exceptional Weather Comes to an End
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:31:43 -0500

Weather person says our above average temperatures are coming to an end the
middle of this week. Know it has not been wonderful for everyone on this
list, but here in Southern Indiana we have had exceptionally wonderful
weather for being in the garden for the past 3 weeks now. Come Wednesday it
all to come to an end with rain, rain, rain and cooler temperatures.
Probably about the end of my being in the garden for this year. (actively
working the soil). We have just about hurt ourselves getting things done
around here to take advantage of that wonderful weather.
Yesterday afternoon was removing all the dead peony foliage and getting
it to the dump... took 3 cart loads behind the lawn tractor. Also
transplanted a couple of shrubs that have been growing in pots for the past
year. Chopped and picked up some more leaves from the lawn to use as mulch
up in the shade garden. Completed a new bed for the peony I purchased this
fall. I came across a "deal" on peony and came home with 6 of Klehm's 3 to 5
eye roots. They now have companions of siberian iris, clematis (shrub type
and vining) lilium and salvia.
We need to install a good hot tub here with jets to massage those tired
and overworked muscles..... had to settle for a hot bath and a bottle of
wine...
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com