Re: Exceptional Weather Comes to an End

Kitty,
    We had fall colors here, but early on had one hey of a rain and wind
storm that stripped the early color. We then went into a "second" kind of
fall color pattern. Not as good as color this year. I am finding isolated
spots of color to photograph. My Japanese maple is that deep glowing red
that makes you think of glowing embers .. for the first time since I
purchased it 8 or 9 years ago. Last year it was "yellow". I have the photos
to prove the color. This year it is perfect. Just inside the garden gate.
    Weather person says we will have freezing temps by this coming Saturday.
Out to work ... have a man coming with a chain saw today to remove a dead
tree from the nursery display area that fell during the last wind and rain.
No real damage.. just have to get it up and out of the way. This morning,
however, I want to get some more transplanting accomplished before the rains
come in....
    Hardy cyclamen are in bloom.. and have been for the past 3 or 4 weeks.
Foliage is now coming up to share the show with the bloom. I am adding a few
more around the garden.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com