Re: Exceptional Weather Comes to an End

Hello Bonnie...
    Finally got out of that hot tub so I can answer (don't I wish). (We went
to see Amadeus on stage last evening) I see Marge and a couple of others
with personal experience with hardy cyclamen have already answered your
questions. Marge in her wonderful detailed style.
    Only thing I can add is you can grow more species and cultivars...
forms... verities... whatever than I. Begin with the basic two and go for
three where you are. Do well, read a bit, and go for other species. I have
hederifolium and purpurpurascens here and have had for years. I am trying to
establish coum again this fall. I keep loosing that one. Do you best to
purchase a minimum of 3 ... six if you can afford it... of any one species
or form. They are so small and it takes that to make a show. When you have
one established and doing well, get some seeds to sow around the successful
ones to form larger shows. Eventually they will produce seed of their own
for the ants to carry around.
    Do look into named foliage forms... some have almost complete pewter
foliage. Others patterns of green and silver. Very showy. then the blooms
come in different pinks and whites. Combinations never seem to end. go for
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana