Re: Hummingbird Nest Photos from mom to chicks

> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> Y'know - you're right! It was very loud - I had forgotten. Such a
> startling sight to have one an inch from the tip of your nose. Very
> brave of that little bird may I say!

:-)  They are really very feisty little birds; don't seem to realize
just how tiny they are in comparison to anything else.  It is neat to
have one give you the once over from close range...like it's trying
to decide whether to allow you to remain where you are or something.

They also squawk pretty loud at each other:-)  Cute as all get out,
tho'. and a pleasure to have in the garden.  I have heard that if you
wear red, they are more likely to come up close to investigate; dunno
if that is true.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :