From: Wendy Swope <wendyswope@mindspring.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] absent Hummingbirds this year
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:27:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hm. . . sounds as if the odd weather affected the hummingbird crop in
some places! Those who noticed a decline in the hummingbird population,
where do you live? I am in SW OH and had many hummingbirds to watch in
June when my firepinks (Silene virginiana, I think) first bloomed, but
very few in Aug/Sep when they usually visit.

These little guys are my favorite birds, too, Tony, although I only get to see rubythroats in my region.

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es