Re: now Master Gardeners

Zem, Gene, and all,
> Actually, I prefer my Master Gardener group to my garden club.  Maybe it's
> because MGs actually like getting their hands dirty and really getting
involved

My sentiments exactly.  I hadn't hear of the MGs when I started gardening so
I tried joing the "Conservateers" at our local botanical conservatory.  They
weren't interested in me and I couldn't make it to their 2pm Tuesday
luncheons.  Similar sort of thing, they don't get their hands dirty.  Then I
heard about MGs, couldn't get into a class - all daytime, weekday.
Eventually they had a night class and now I'm an MG.  We, too have people
who don't get their hands dirty, which I think is strange, but they do
contribute in other ways.  And there is so much to be done, that's fine.  I
won't teach, but I'm quite willing to help yank out a shrub.  And
fortunately we're getting a few more men involved.  We joke that a
requirement for new MGs is that they either be male or have a pickup truck.
If it is a guy that HAS a truck, he's welcomed with open arms!

Kitty