Re: Re: now Master Gardeners

In a message dated 11/9/03 2:35:11 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< And
fortunately we're getting a few more men involved.  >>

     When I took MG classes in 1990 their were very few female MGs so the
recruitment was in their direction.  I was the 2nd female president and I think
maybe the 2nd female bd member.  However, the pendulum has swung.  The females
by far outnumber the males.  We do have quite a few couples.
    What I see in the garden clubs in our area are females in daytime garden
clubs and their interest is in design.  Generally, this is not an interest of
the male gardener however when they do participate they are better than the
females. The garden club I am in is evening, many couples, a nice mixture of
young/old, new gardeners/old gardeners, home gardeners and professionals and
design is at the bottom of interests.  Interests are in developing their home