Re: solar photovoltaic system was: news of the day

> From: EvaTEsq@aol.com
> I also had a 4.8 kw solar photovoltaic system installed on my house
this
> summer that should totally cover our needs for electricity.  My
house is still
> tied to the grid and we get credit for all the electricity we
produce to
> reduce/eliminate our electrical bill.  And if I produce more
electricity than we
> consume, LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) pays me.  So far LIPA
owes me $20!  HA!
----------
Eva, tell more about this - I've been interested for some time - more
since we were without power for a week from Isabel!  Getting a large
generator is very expensive and uses more propane than just my
cooktop, so I'd probably have to get a bigger underground tank,
meaning a major upheaval for that part of the garden, etc. and they
are incredibly noisy; don't know where I'd put one given the location
of the main panels in this house.

So, was this system really expensive?  How big are the panels ( I am
assuming they are on your roof?)  Who did it for you - like provided
the panels?  What was involved in the installation?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade