Re: Hummingbird Nest Photos from mom to chicks

I seldom wear red, myself, tho' I do have several bandannas that
color that I use in summer to keep the sweat from blinding me - but
these are hidden by my garden hat, so have not really been able to
test that theory.

Hummers are very territorial and I expect she was dive bombing the
swallowtail to drive it away from her nest....to her, a butterfly is
a large critter:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :